This vintage Valentine was made in Germany. It doesn’t have any other markings, but it’s very detailed and well made. It is a vintage valentine of a lord and lady courting in a garden. It folds together creating a dimensional scene.
High resolution printable. Right-click and save.
1) Print it on a heavy weight paper.
2) Cut around the image saving the detail for a later step. You will see why…
3) Place small pieces of clear tape to reinforce areas that will be stressed during assembly. Note the very small text “SLIP” on the printed image. These notches will be cut later. Having tape on them will prevent tearing when the valentine is assembled.
4) Cut out the detail of image including their arms and her skirt and the edge of his waistcoat. Note the line between the garden and the green: use this as your guide. Also cut the greenery and the base making special note of the “slip” notches. You can see them in the shadow here.
5) fold along the line of the garden/court yard. The people will pop out as you do this. Carefully bring the base together at the bottom and slip notches in place. Do the same for the top branches and their notches. Your valentine is done!
(I noticed that it will not stand on it’s own. I propped it against something. If you like, you could attach a small square of cardstock to the bottom of the courtyard to keep it upright.)